Do The Bruins Make a Trade In The Next 8 Days?
The Boston Bruins and the NHL are only 8 days away from the trade deadline. What big names will we see be traded?
Patrice Bergeron, the B’s will need a captain once Zdeno Chara leaves. Frank Vatrano, Brad Marchand, David Backes, Brandon Carlo, Do not trade Carlo for Gabriel Landeskog, if the Ave’s are willing to trade their Captain there is something up with him. Also I do not think he would fit well here. David Pastrnak, he is just starting to fit in.
On The Block For The Bruins
- David Krejci, who has a no movement clause but he would most likely wave that if he were to go to a team like the Kings or Penguins, I am not saying that is where he is going but that is the type of team he would waive. Krejci is having an okay season do far with 14 goals and 25 assists through 59 games. He was not very good last season as he only had 17 goals, in 72 games. I know he is not known for his scoring touch but I expect to see at least 20 goals a season from him. Especially since he is getting paid 7.25 million dollars.
- Ryan Spooner, He is a very good third line center with some top 6 potential left at only 25 years-old. During his first full season which was last season, with the B’s he had 49 points and was a minus 9, with only 13 goals. This season he has appeared in 58 games and has 9 goals and 21 assists. He is also a minus one, I know that he is a third liner but I still expect 20 goals from him, 15 minimum. This is because he usually sees decent power play time. I do like Spooner but in this league anyone can be traded.
- Matt Beleskey, The Bruins may have just signed him but he has not fit in here that well. The Idea is that he would replace Milan Lucic but the league is moving away from those kinds of players. Beleskey had a good season in 2014-15 with the Ducks because he was playing with
Ryan Getzlaf, if I played with Getzlaf I could score 20 goals. Yes I actually can play.
- Jimmy Hayes, would have to be a package deal with someone like Krejci or Spooner. Not much to say other than that he sucks. He has not played well at all. His brother Kevin who plays for the Rangers is much better, the B’s got the wrong Brother.
- Tuukka Rask No Trade Clause, I have faith in Zane McIntyre to come up and be the potential starter. Rask earlier in the season was the only reason that the team was winning, but now under Bruce Cassidy the team has found some chemistry. Rask is getting tired due to the lack of backup goal-tending. It is not that I do not like him, but that he is nearing the point where most netminders start going down hill. I would rather see him traded now for an asset than to just have to trade him or cut him and get nothing.
- Torey Krug, is a very good power play guy and that is about it. He is not that solid on defense. He is minus 13 on the season. I do not think that the team would miss him that much especially if some of the prospects come up and prove they can play, like Rob O’Gara there would be no room for him.
- Any one else that is not on the untouchable list
Who Do They Go After (If Trade Clause was no Issue)
Kevin Shattenkirk is a very good two-way defenseman who can help the Bruins on both the back-end and on offense.
Patrick Sharp, this is a stretch and the Bruins would have to give up a lot but the is on Dallas who is in playoff contention so maybe some of the guys with the no movements would be willing to waive them.
Matt Duchene, maybe but again Joe Sakic is asking too much. He wants Carlo if the Bruins trade Carlo that would be another Tyler Seguin situation all over again. I do not want to see another dumb move out of the front office again.