Boston Red Sox Notes Heading Into Double Header With The New York Yankees
- Red Sox place Joe Kelly on 10-day DL with a hamstring strain. John Farrell alluded to it being a slowish return.
- Brandon Workman took his roster spot in Saturday’s game.
- Kelly will continue to play catch, but not throw off the mound. No MRI for him.
- Blaine Boyer placed on DL with a right elbow injury after pitching 1 inning on Saturday. Boyer left Saturday’s game early with the injury.
- Brock Holt activated from the DL and will be Boston’s 26th man during Sunday’s double header.
- Red Sox will go through with a formal protest of the non-interference call on Holliday during the 11th inning of Saturday’s game. Will not change the outcome of the game though.
- Boston will adjust their rotation for Tuesday’s game.
- Game 1 will be Rick Porcello going against CC Sabathia
- Game 2 will be David Price against Mashiro Tanaka
Game 1 Lineups:
Red Sox Lineup
Mookie Betts RF
Chris Young DH
Sam Travis 1B
Jackie Bradley Jr. CF
Tzu-Wei Lin 2B
Game 2 Lineup Notes
- Brock Holt will be the starting third basemen in game 2
- Dustin Pedroia will be at second
- Mitch Moreland at 1B
- Christian Vazquez will be the catcher
- Full lineup to come later.