Speed Wins in Memphis
This year the format has changed a bit as to allow for divers more ways to earn points. Part of that was to add more heat races. There is three rounds of heats and the drivers are shuffled up at the end of each. The winner of each heat will receive 7 points.
Scott Speed and Steve Arpin won the first round of heats. Then Speed again and Chris Atkinson won the second round. Tanner Foust and Sebastian Eriksson won the third round.
Then the Semi’s went to the VW’s Foust and Speed.
The main started like many before. There was contact in the first turn and it ended Patrik Sandell’s chances at a win. This forced a red flag and a full restart. The restart was clean and the VW teammates Foust and Speed jumped out to a quick lead. They kept that position for the rest of the race.
Third place was the position to have. The spot was Eriksson’s but Mitchell Dejong was able to grab it in the beginning of the main. Then Arpin used his joker lap to take over third place at about the halfway point and it stayed that way.
The guys will be in Louisville on May 21. The race can be seen on NBC at 1 pm.
- Scott Speed, #41 Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross
- Tanner Foust, #34 Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross
- Steve Arpin, #00 Loenbro Motorsports
- Mitchell deJong, #24 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE
- Oliver Eriksson, #16 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE
- Cabot Bigham, #2 Bryan Herta Rallysport
- Sebastian Eriksson, #93 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE
- Chris Atkinson, #55 Subaru Rally Team USA
- Patrik Sandell, #18 Subaru Rally Team USA
- Austin Dyne, #14 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing